Christian McMahon FBCS CITP FIoD founded three25 to provide his services as a globally experienced CIO/CTO, strategic business leader, board advisor and change agent ranked as the worlds 11th most influential CIO.
Christian has a strong track record of success in permanent and interim capacity at board level in challenging and rapid growth environments with substantial experience in VC (pre-IPO) and PE backed companies.
He is highly skilled in leading companies through transformation, turnaround, tech-enabled innovation, M&A, product overhaul, exit preparation and IPO (LSE/AIM).
Christian is an exceptional communicator, adept in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders, PE, suppliers, staff and executive. A strategic thinker who can translate vision in to action and deliver better products, processes, services and technologies that enable more effective ways of working.
Christian is an engaging blend of business acumen, highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural dexterity, expert in developing and delivering customer focused IT strategies that:
• Interpret corporate vision/strategy and translate objectives into tangible roadmaps
• Deliver cloud (SaaS) based services to enable new business capabilities
• Decommission legacy apps/infrastructure, modernise and re-platform to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Lower the risk of sizeable corporate investments and improve ROI
• Establish strategic frameworks and scalable infrastructure to lead companies through global expansion
• Build Corporate Innovation Labs: Industrialising products, constructing ROI frameworks and creating scalability
• Deliver large-scale strategic outsourcing, offshoring and shared service initiatives
Christian has a notable background in delivering successful digital business transformations and change initiatives that:
• Elevate performance, reduce cost, improve operational efficiency & facilitate new business models
• Build innovative, revenue generating digital products that deliver compelling customer experiences
• Strategise, design & implement target operating models delivering £mm impact
As well as his work at the European Commission where he advises them on €multi-billion technology investment, funding and innovation programmes across multiple sectors, Christian is also an expert advisor selecting start-ups for the annual intake and awards in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program as well as providing hands-on mentoring to founding CEOs and their teams across a variety of industries. MassChallenge is the largest-ever start-up accelerator and competition with intakes from over 75 countries, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. He provides hands-on mentoring at PWC’s IncuBus Ventures to entrepreneurs and founding CEOs across a variety of industries especially around innovation, strategy, product development, technology, business development and investor relations.
He is a highly respected CIO/CTO and Digital ‘thought leader’ with significant social influence who has forged strong relationships with the worlds leading firms, advising them on shaping their marketing, technology, product and digital strategies to better engage with and add value to their clients.
EXAMPLES OF SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ASSIGNMENTS
Hired as Interim CIO for well-known European organisation to deliver an IT-enabled digital transformation:
• Built new IT operating model focused on agility, flexibility & speed to deliver high-quality solutions
• Moved legacy infrastructure & applications to cloud services
• Developed number of world-class digital products that provide compelling customer experiences
• Built internal social collaboration platform and implemented customer facing social media strategy for better customer engagement
• IMPROVED CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT METRICS BY 27% & REDUCED IT COSTS BY £12Million (36%)
Hired by leading global organisation to reduce IT costs whilst improving service:
• Consolidated IT mid-term plans, roadmap & budgets
• Formulated IT policies, codes of practice, procedures and performance management processes and career ladders
• Led number of high-impact, enterprise wide, strategic technology programmes
• Re-engineered strategic vendor & partnership relationships
• Significantly reduced project portfolio to concentrate on key strategic issues
• Outsourced number of functions to external providers
• IMPROVED SERVICE DELIVERY METRICS BY 42% & REDUCED IT COSTS BY £10Million (18%)
Hired by a multinational media organisation to deliver a pivotal transformation project that converged fragmented EMEA Group businesses on to a single IT operating platform:
• Migrated multiple datacenters to Microsoft Azure
• Replaced on premise Exchange, Lync & SharePoint with Office 365
• Implemented Cybersecurity strategy & measured but robust operating processes
• Integrated 7 previously separate acquisitions
• REDUCED IT COSTS BY £6.4Million (22%)
Hired by global professional services org to deliver new IT operating model to foster & sustain innovation.
After full appraisal & board proposal, I got the go ahead to build an Innovation Lab & Centre of Excellence that:
• Facilitated better collaboration between IT and key stakeholders across the global organisation
• Provided hands-on experience with new and emerging technologies
• Became an incubator for pilot projects and allow customer interaction
• Instilled culture of continuous improvement to achieve Agile benefits of risk reduction, governance, time to market & fit
• Identified and shared best practices and learning with significant customer interaction
• Accelerated solutions development that really met the needs of the business and its customers
• Leveraged solutions across the enterprise and measured value of the results through input/output metrics
• IMPROVED CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT METRICS BY 41%
We can help you right now – email@example.com