Christian McMahon FBCS CITP founded three25 to provide his services as a Commercially Astute Multi-Sector CIO / CTO | Board Advisor | Change Agent | Global Business Leader | Non-Exec Director, ranked as the worlds 11th most influential CIO with a notable track record of success in permanent and interim capacity at board level including VC and PE backed firms.
Christian has first class delivery credentials and experience on a global scale including:
– Board Advisory: Strategic dev/review, > ROI, organisational insight, investment and capability reviews
– Strategic planning: Vision, core competencies & market opportunities
– Business strategy formulation and execution
– Leading business transformation, IT/cultural change, large programs, crisis management, analytics
– IT supplier management, IT sourcing and BPO
– Full M&A lifecycle: Due diligence, integration, restructuring and value realisation
– Defining and transitioning to a new Target Operating Model (TOM)
– Product Builder: Building products that deliver compelling customer experiences and business value
– IT Modernisation: Move to cloud infrastructure, legacy rationalisation and re-platform to AWS / Azure
– Work with c-suites helping them prepare for capital raising with focus on IPO
– Software Development: DevOps, SDLC, Agile, API, EA, Mobile Payments, AI, ML, Blockchain
– Start-Up Engagement: Mentoring, collaborative innovation, partnerships, pilots
– Member of Technology Panel for €5b European Commission VC Fund
He has an exceptional knowledge of current/emerging technology and is able to deliver fully secure solutions that build new customer experiences, enable competitive advantage, solve business critical issues, maximise efficiency and enable more effective ways of working.
One of Christians key strengths is the ability to adapt and translate technical matters for non-technical audiences and is very comfortable in engaging with customers in getting feedback and using this to improve products. He is an engaging blend of commercial acumen, highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural dexterity, skilled in leading globally dispersed teams and building collaborative relationships in matrix organisations across diverse stakeholders and geographies.
As well as his work at the European Commission where he advises them on €multi-billion technology investment, funding and innovation programmes across multiple sectors, Christian is also an expert advisor selecting start-ups for the annual intake and awards in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program as well as providing hands-on mentoring to founding CEOs and their teams in a variety of industries across the global intake (US/UK/Switzerland/Israel/Mexico). MassChallenge is the largest-ever start-up accelerator and competition with intakes from over 75 countries, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. Christian is also a mentor at Cocoon Networks, which is the first Chinese capital-backed, international, startup ecosystem in Europe and he’s focused on helping Chinese startups interested by Europe/UK and UK startups interested by China. Christian also provides hands-on mentoring at PWC’s IncuBus Ventures to entrepreneurs and founding CEOs across a variety of industries especially around innovation, strategy, product development, technology, business development and investor relations.
Christian is a Non-Executive Director of ITSO Ltd where we are building the ITSO on Mobile (IoM) smart ticketing product in partnership with Google that allows Train, Bus and Tram Operating Companies to fulfil tickets through Google Pay direct to their phone. We plan to extend IoM beyond Google Pay to include all popular native digital wallets during 2019/20. He is also a Board Member and Trustee of the Youth Charter.
He is a highly respected CIO/CTO and Digital ‘thought leader’ with significant social influence who has forged strong relationships with the worlds leading firms, advising them on shaping their marketing, technology, product and digital strategies to better engage with and add value to their clients.
EXAMPLES OF SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ASSIGNMENTS
Hired by a leading Financial Services plc – generated £21 billion of mortgages in 2017:
• Reviewed group IT functions including current capability, strategy, sourcing, systems, resource, ops
• Board level advisory services on technology strategy & roadmap including new IT Operating Model
• Led full technology M&A lifecycle including integration for an acquisition & new digital assets
• Led RFP & re-platforming of infrastructure to Amazon AWS with fully managed security service
• Procured new operating platform; led gap analysis & specified dev plan to make it fit for purpose
• Led client side requirements gathering including presentations, workshops & ongoing interaction
• Led commercial discussions with leading industry vendors & clients on platform integration
• Built suite of API’s that allows platform integration with vendor platforms & client operational systems
Hired by global professional services org to reduce IT costs whilst improving service:
• Conducted full systems, platforms & process audit to provide a consolidated & costed technology roadmap
• Formulated IT policies, codes of practice & operational processes
• Led implementation of multiple successful high-impact, enterprise wide technology programme’s
• Reengineered global vendor & partnership relationships including financial frameworks
• Significantly reduced project list (<50) to concentrate on commercially aligned projects
• Outsourced core IT functions to external providers: saved money whilst improving service & delivery
Hired by global media org to deliver transformation project to converge fragmented EMEA business on to single IT platform:
• Centralised IT function
• Migrated multiple datacentres to MS Azure
• Replaced on premise Exchange, Lync & SharePoint with Office 365
• Implemented enterprise class IT security strategy
We can help you right now – firstname.lastname@example.org